dongzhuxun5136 2012-01-12 05:39
浏览 60
已采纳

防止/限制方法继承

I have an application in which a number of objects are all extending an abstract class which defines methods like create() edit() retrieve() and delete(). Since each of the child classes use the same logic for these functions, the abstract class defines that default behaviour, and in the few cases where it needs to be augmented, the child classes can override or use the hooks I've built in.

Now I'm having the situation where some of the child classes need to be made immutable, meaning that they shouldn't have edit() or delete() methods. This need sounds to me like a job for an interface named something like immutable which the immutable classes could implement. Problem is that interfaces don't stop methods from being called, they just enforce a method's existence. So this is obviously not going to work.

Making two parent classes, one for mutable objects and one for immutable ones is ugly and is probably asking for problems down the line which maintenance. I could have the immutable objects override the offending methods with an empty method that did nothing, but that also seems messy and like I'm not doing proper OOP at that point.

So what would you suggest as the best way to allow a large set of classes to all inherit a set of methods, but for some of them to not inherit all of the methods? (The application in question is written php, but general OOP techniques from any language can still be helpful).

• 写回答

6条回答 默认 最新

• douzi2749 2012-01-12 05:49
    关注

create an immutable-base class as a child of the base class. the immutable-base should implement final overrides of edit() and delete() which do nothing or throw an error.

Final, so that all immutable children are guaranteed not to be able to edit or delete

bonuses of this strategy

• easily check if an object is immutable by testing for instanceof immutable-base

• easily change objects from immutable and back again by modifing what it extends

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(5条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 winform的chart曲线生成时有凸起
  • ¥15 msix packaging tool打包问题
  • ¥15 finalshell节点的搭建代码和那个端口代码教程
  • ¥15 用hfss做微带贴片阵列天线的时候分析设置有问题
  • ¥15 Centos / PETSc / PETGEM
  • ¥15 centos7.9 IPv6端口telnet和端口监控问题
  • ¥120 计算机网络的新校区组网设计