dongzao4503 2013-04-10 07:50
浏览 31
已采纳

如何实现可以轻松与SendGrid集成的邮件队列

The goal: Implementing a modular, re-usable, object-oriented class, or package, that will be in charge of automating the process of user notifications. Those notifications are send according to a certain set of rules, to multiple users, in the background as I've already mentioned.

For instance: each time a new user is signing up, and there is a system message defined, and there are more than 10 active users per that super-user, then this system message is sent to all of the users.

Those 'rules' will probably be implemented as method, or sub - classes with an SQL model inside them.

Environment: LAMP, PHP 5.3. The preferred implementation would be in PHP. SendGrid mail delivery service + their official PHP library.

Implementation(what I thought about so far): I thought about using a cronjob or an Apache HTTP worker, the thing is that this model will be responsible for all of the email notifications of the system, and in that case it will have to run each 60 seconds or so, in order to ensure delivery on time and synchronically. To add or remove the cronjobs, I thought about using PHP's exec() or system(), although I am sure that there is a better way, perhaps editing the cron jobs file directly with the file functions?.

Issues: Any implementation should be able to integrate with SendGrid, since this is the delivery system that we are currently using, and it's proven to be efficient.

This is the heart of the system, so it needs to be as fail - proof as possible, and have the ability to self-diagnostic, otherwise nothing good will come out of it, and it would be better to send those email notifications directly through the pages which the users visit, and compromise on loading times, design etc.

Any ideas?, am I on the right direction at all?. I was looking for something that was already implemented on github and the rest of the web, but there is nothing that matches my needs and requirements. SendGrid also don't seem to offer a built - in queue.

Any help is much appreciated!.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duandu1049 2013-04-11 23:42
    关注

I work at SendGrid.

The most robust solution would be to not implement the queue in code but rather to setup a local mail server and let that manage your email queueing. That mail server would then be configured to use SendGrid as a smart relay that provides all the other features.

This has several benefits:

• Very low latency between your application your local mail server
    • Your local mail server can manage the queueing.
    • SMTP Command pipelining reduces the number of protocol requests

We have configuration guides for mail servers that can point you in the right direction.

In terms of the logic that triggers the sends to this local server, I think you're on the right track. You could build a background process system with cron, or you could use something like php-resque that can abstract some things and get you more control from within your code. php-resque or a similar solution might give you enough control that you feel confident not using a local MTA.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 装 pytorch 的时候出了好多问题,遇到这种情况怎么处理?
  • ¥20 IOS游览器某宝手机网页版自动立即购买JavaScript脚本
  • ¥15 手机接入宽带网线,如何释放宽带全部速度
  • ¥30 关于#r语言#的问题:如何对R语言中mfgarch包中构建的garch-midas模型进行样本内长期波动率预测和样本外长期波动率预测
  • ¥15 ETLCloud 处理json多层级问题
  • ¥15 matlab中使用gurobi时报错
  • ¥15 这个主板怎么能扩出一两个sata口
  • ¥15 不是,这到底错哪儿了😭
  • ¥15 2020长安杯与连接网探
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:在模糊控制器中选出线路信息,在simulink中根据线路信息生成速度时间目标曲线(初速度为20m/s,15秒后减为0的速度时间图像)我想问线路信息是什么