donglu3184 2012-12-16 15:09
浏览 45
已采纳

Salting Passwords,特别是关于数据库和检索密码的密码

I want to create a membership site so i want to make the passwords as safe as possible. I can see from reading sites including this one the md5, sh1 encryption are a serious no no. I've seen some other things like bcript, scrypt, sha256, sha512 and PBKDF2. I have found some php scripts implementing these but not really found anything of note to do with the database.

Do i have to create a row containing the salt?

Verifying the password do i have to do something like hash(salt+password) = $hash?

Because i'm not the most experienced at passwords i'm not really sure of the best practices, how when you hash the password + salt what happens then, how the passwords are retrieved...

I think because i dont really understand the logic behind it i'm feeling a little confused about how to go about it.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• douyou7072 2012-12-16 15:18
    关注

A common best practise (see e.g. Linux passwd) is to store the password hashes as

$<algorithm>$<salt>$<hash>

for example this string:

$6$Lxgyf7h6DtkrqwT$0w/BoB6neYjEtdQdUEs3ftnnNguBNTug8.g/9UeMmZ9bN/cDJCE0dj8.4D/8HPN5bMqFPJ4ECnGl5M2iqBmmv/

is a salted SHA-512 (algorithm id 6) password hash salted with Lxgyf7h6DtkrqwT that should be understood by most servers out of the box.

The benefit of this is that you can actually support different algorithms at the same time. So some users may still have e.g. SHA-256 passwords, while for any user changing his password you switch to a more secure algorithm.

A good starting point to read about modular hashing schemes, read this article in Wikipedia on the crypt (Unix) function. The hype around bcrypt (and the misinformation that crypt would equal DES hashing) is indicative of a certain naiveness of PHP developers with respect to password security. bcrypt is not bad (well, it relies on computational complexity instead of stronger algorithms AFAIK, but it certainly seems to beat MD5). But I would advise using something like this scheme which is A) portable, and B) extensible, so that you can at any time smoothly transition to stronger password hashes.

In 99% of programming languages (including PHP), this functionality is available out of the box via the crypt function, by choosing an appropriate salt, starting with $6$ and the appropriate length of salt characters.

And to clean up some of the misinformation systematically spread by bcrypt advocates: this is not using just one round of sha-512, but the default apparently (see http://www.akkadia.org/drepper/sha-crypt.html ) is 5000 rounds of SHA-512. And you can choose to increase the number. So for my understanding the "but bcrypt can be scaled up when needed" claim also holds for crypt-SHA512. In contrast to bcrypt, this should be available on any Linux system using glibc 2.7 onward. bcrypt is an extension only available on some distributions or with some extensions. On Debian and probably Ubuntu you apparently need to install the extension

libpam-unix2 - Blowfish-capable PAM module

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 微信会员卡接入微信支付商户号收款
  • ¥15 如何获取烟草零售终端数据
  • ¥15 数学建模招标中位数问题
  • ¥15 phython路径名过长报错 不知道什么问题
  • ¥15 深度学习中模型转换该怎么实现
  • ¥15 HLs设计手写数字识别程序编译通不过