dsgixl5195 2012-08-28 00:03
浏览 146
已采纳

PHP和XML之间有什么关系?

I'm learning about PHP and web coding.
Specifically, the PHP book I'm using that covers PHP 5.3 (by Matt Doyle and published by Wrox), says:

XML ... lets you create text documents that can hold data in a structured way...
XML isn't really a language but rather a sepcification for creating your own markup languages...

Wikipedia says of XML:

As of 2009, hundreds of XML-based languages have been developed,[8] including RSS, Atom, SOAP, and XHTML. XML-based formats have become the default for many office-productivity tools, including Microsoft Office (Office Open XML), OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice (OpenDocument), and Apple's iWork.[9] XML has also been employed as the base language for communication protocols, such as XMPP.

It sounds like XML is more like a protocol, a standard for allowing compuers to communicate and share information.

So XML is like a grammar I can use to create a markup language, but the language I create only formats data?

I want help defining the relationship between PHP and XML. When during the processesing of PHP and HTML does XML get parsed?

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• donglan6777 2012-08-28 00:05
    关注

XML is not a grammar (that's another thing entirely). XML (as the name suggests) is a markup language that essentially defines a set of rules that describe something. The "something" could be a protocol, the structure of a document, or any kind of data. XML is designed to be machine readable and human readable (although in my opinion, with bias towards the former ;)).

XML documents use something called a schema which describes the structure of the XML itself, and so you can validate an XML document against a schema to make sure that it is well-formed.

There is no relation between PHP and XML. XML is something that PHP can consume and produce. There is nowhere during processing that PHP consumes or produces XML unless you explicitly tell PHP to do so.

XML is sometimes used as sort a of "glue" that allows dissimilar or disparate systems to communicate with each other, but even that is just one of its functions. For example, PHP can consume XML produced by a program written in another language entirely, or XML produced by some website. PHP can also produce XML which can then be consumed by a program written in another language, or by some other source. As you found from the Wikipedia article, SOAP uses XML and this allows clients written in different languages to consume data exposed by a SOAP service.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 metadata提取的PDF元数据,如何转换为一个Excel
  • ¥15 关于arduino编程toCharArray()函数的使用
  • ¥100 vc++混合CEF采用CLR方式编译报错
  • ¥15 coze 的插件输入飞书多维表格 app_token 后一直显示错误,如何解决?
  • ¥15 vite+vue3+plyr播放本地public文件夹下视频无法加载
  • ¥15 c#逐行读取txt文本,但是每一行里面数据之间空格数量不同
  • ¥50 如何openEuler 22.03上安装配置drbd
  • ¥20 ING91680C BLE5.3 芯片怎么实现串口收发数据
  • ¥15 无线连接树莓派,无法执行update,如何解决?(相关搜索:软件下载)
  • ¥15 Windows11, backspace, enter, space键失灵