dongye9071 2015-08-20 10:47 采纳率: 0%
浏览 68

将敏感密钥放在$ _ENV和$ _SERVER中是否安全

Laravel 4.2 does it populating $_ENV and $_SERVER, Laravel 5.1 uses DotEnv to populate $_ENV.

I am in fact working on a non laravel project and refactoring an existing app using laravel config package via composer. Currently, we have multiple files existing in folder higher than project root for storing sensitive info (so nothing is stored in git). So method that needs these sensitive keys currently looks like this:

processStripeCharge(){
   $keys = include '../../keys/stripe.php';
   .... }

which I want to replace with:

processStripeCharge(){
   $keys = config('stripe');
   .... }    

and config/stripe.php:

<?php return [
      'public' => $_ENV['STRIPE_PUBLIC']
    ];

Will the new way be any less secure than the old way?(I will have to answer this to my manager who is very security conscious)

Advantages:

1. Using central config files is obviously a very pressing need.
  2. ...

Disadvantages: (security?)

1. If dev would leave a var_dump($_ENV); littering around or a phpinfo(); all secrets will be left in the open which wasn't the case till now.
  2. Similar to 1), if hacker would add that to file that is run in context of site (so all config is loaded), they would very easily grab the key. Currently, they would need a drop more work, by spotting the method including the current file and add a var_dump($keys) right there.

I personally would argue, that if hacker has access to server, we are anyway in big big trouble, and they would have no problem getting the keys with current system anyways.

Will it be any more secure if only $_ENV is populated and not $_SERVER?

A compromise I thought of would be to make config/stripe.php like this:

<?php 
    $keys = include '../../keys/stripe.php';
    return [
      'public' => $keys['public']
    ]; 

So I have best of both worlds, $_ENV is not getting populated + using config files

• 写回答

0条回答 默认 最新

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 如何在炒股软件中,爬到我想看的日k线
    • ¥15 51单片机中C语言怎么做到下面类似的功能的函数(相关搜索:c语言)
    • ¥15 seatunnel 怎么配置Elasticsearch
    • ¥15 PSCAD安装问题 ERROR: Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017 or 2019 is not found in the system.
    • ¥15 (标签-MATLAB|关键词-多址)
    • ¥15 关于#MATLAB#的问题,如何解决?(相关搜索:信噪比,系统容量)
    • ¥500 52810做蓝牙接受端
    • ¥15 基于PLC的三轴机械手程序
    • ¥15 多址通信方式的抗噪声性能和系统容量对比
    • ¥15 winform的chart曲线生成时有凸起