dshxbrzgi090608692 2013-06-13 07:29
浏览 33
已采纳

什么是PHP APC缓存的apc.shm_strings_buffer设置?

I'm trying to understand the apc.shm_strings_buffer setting in apc.ini. After restarting PHP, the pie chart in the APC admin shows 8MB of cache is already used, even though there are no cached entries (except for apc.php, of course). I've found this relates to the apc.shm_strings_buffer setting.

Can someone help me understand what the setting means? The config file notes that this is the "shared memory size reserved for strings, with M/G suffixe", but I fail to comprehend.

I'm using APC with PHP-FPM.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongmeng1868 2013-06-14 14:25
    关注

The easy part to explain is "with M/G suffixe" which means that if you set it to 8M, then 8 megabytes would be allocated, or 1G would allocated 1 gigabyte of memory.

The more difficult bit to explain is that it's a cache for storing strings that are used internally by APC when it's compiling and caching opcode.

The config value was introduced in this change and the bulk of the change was to add apc_string.c to the APC project. The main function that is defined in that C file is apc_new_interned_string which is then used in apc_string_pmemcpy in apc_compile.c. the rest of the APC module to store strings.

For example in apc_compile.c

/* private members are stored inside property_info as a mangled
     * string of the form:
     *      \0<classname>\0<membername>\0
     */
    CHECK((dst->name = apc_string_pmemcpy((char *)src->name, src->name_length+1, pool TSRMLS_CC)));

When APC goes to store a string, the function apc_new_interned_string looks to see if it that string is already saved in memory by doing a hash on the string, and if it is already stored in memory, it returns the previous instance of the stored string.

Only if that string is not already stored in the cache does a new piece of memory get allocated to store the string.

If you're running PHP with PHP-FPM, I'm 90% confident that the cache of stored strings is shared amongst all the workers in a single pool, but am still double-checking that.

The whole size allocated to storing shared strings is allocated when PHP starts up - it's not allocated dynamically. So it's to be expected that APC shows the 8MB used for the string cache, even though hardly any strings have actually been cached yet.

Edit

Although this answers what it does, I have no idea how to see how much of the shared string buffer is being used, so there's no way of knowing what it should be set to.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 求个正点原子stm32f407开发版的贪吃蛇游戏
  • ¥15 正弦信号发生器串并联电路电阻无法保持同步怎么办
  • ¥15 划分vlan后,链路不通了?
  • ¥20 求各位懂行的人,注册表能不能看到usb使用得具体信息,干了什么,传输了什么数据
  • ¥15 Vue3 大型图片数据拖动排序
  • ¥15 Centos / PETGEM
  • ¥15 划分vlan后不通了
  • ¥20 用雷电模拟器安装百达屋apk一直闪退