• name
  • current_status_id

and one representing a status update at a specific time for this person:

STATUS_HISTORY

• recorded_on
  • status_id
  • blood_pressure
  • length

I have built an application in PHP using Zend Framework, and tried to retain 'object orientedness' by using a class for representing a person and a class for representing the status of a person. I also tried to use ORM principles where possible, such as using the data mapper for separating the domain model from the data layer.

What would be a nice (and object oriented) way of returning a list of persons from a data mapper, where in the list I sometimes want to know the last measured blood_pressure of the person, and sometimes not (depending on the requirements of the report/view in which the list is used). The same holds for different fields, e.g. values computed at the data layer (sum's, count's, etc.).

My first thought was using a rowset (e.g. Zend_Db_Rowset) but this introduces high coupling between my view and data layer. Another way might be to return a list of persons, and then querying for each person the latest status using a data mapper for requesting the status of a specific person. However, this will result in (at least) one additional query for each person record, and does not allow me to use JOINS at the data layer.

Any suggestions?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongshen6060 2010-08-25 08:49
    关注

We have this same issue because of our ORM where I work. If you are worried enough about the performance hit of having to first get a list of your persons, then query for their statuses individually, you really have no other choice but to couple your data a little bit.

In my opinion, this is okay. You can either create a class that will hold the single "person" data and an array containing "status_history" records or suffer the performance hit of making another query per "person". You COULD reduce your query overhead by doing data caching locally (your controller would have to decide that if a request for a set of data is made before a certain time threshold, it just returns its own data instead of querying the db server)

Having a pure OO view is nice, but sometimes impractical.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 access多表提取相同字段数据并合并
  • ¥20 基于MSP430f5529的MPU6050驱动,求出欧拉角
  • ¥20 Java-Oj-桌布的计算
  • ¥15 powerbuilder中的datawindow数据整合到新的DataWindow
  • ¥20 有人知道这种图怎么画吗?
  • ¥15 pyqt6如何引用qrc文件加载里面的的资源
  • ¥15 安卓JNI项目使用lua上的问题
  • ¥20 RL+GNN解决人员排班问题时梯度消失
  • ¥60 要数控稳压电源测试数据