dqyz48470 2013-05-28 22:48
浏览 29
已采纳

MySQL表分离几乎相同的数据但不同的用户组

First of all, I apologize if a similar question has been asked and answered. I searched and found similar questions, but not one quite close enough.

My question is basically whether or not it is a good idea to separate tables of virtually the same data in my particular circumstance. The tables track data track data for two very different groups (product licensing data for individual users and product licensing data for enterprise users). I am thinking of separating them into two tables so that the user verification process runs faster (especially for individual users since the number of records is significantly lower (eg ~500 individual records vs ~10,000 enterprise records)). Lastly, there is a significant difference in the user types that isn't apparent in the table structure - individual users all have a fixed number of activations while enterprise users may have up to unlimited activations and the purpose of tracking is more for activation stats.

The reason I think separating the tables would be a good idea is because each table would be smaller, resulting in faster queries (at least I think it would...). On the other hand, I will have to do two queries to obtain analytical data. Additionally, I may wish to change the data I am tracking from time to time and obviously, this is more of a pain with two duplicate tables.

I am guessing the query time difference is probably insignificant, even with tens of thousands of records?? However, I would like to hear peoples' thoughts on this (mainly regarding efficiency and overall best practices) if they would be so kind to share.

Thanks in advance!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongleiwei2182 2013-05-28 22:57
    关注

When designing your database structure you should try to normalize your data as much as possible. So to answer your question

"whether or not it is a good idea to separate tables of virtually the same data in my particular circumstance."

If you normalize your database correctly, the answer is no, it's not a good idea to create two tables with almost identical information. With normalization you should be able to separate out similar data into mapping tables which will allow you to create more complex queries that will run faster.

A very basic example of a first normal form normalization would be you have a table of users, and in the table you have a column for role. Instead of having the physical word "admin" or "member" you have an id that is mapped to another table called roles where 1 = admin and 2 = member. The idea is it is more efficient to store repeated ids rather then repeated words like admin and member.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 全部备份安卓app数据包括密码,可以复制到另一手机上运行
  • ¥15 Python3.5 相关代码写作
  • ¥20 测距传感器数据手册i2c
  • ¥15 RPA正常跑,cmd输入cookies跑不出来
  • ¥15 求帮我调试一下freefem代码
  • ¥15 matlab代码解决,怎么运行
  • ¥15 R语言Rstudio突然无法启动
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:提取2个图像的变量作为另外一个图像像元的移动量,计算新的位置创建新的图像并提取第二个图像的变量到新的图像