dtpt75860 2013-09-03 15:38
浏览 69
已采纳

Wordpress及其功能[关闭]

I have just started working with wordpress. I am hoping to ask this question while still staying in compliance of this site. I will be looking for fact not discussion or suggestions.

I get a little confused about what is a wordpress features and what is a feature of a theme.

For example if something is a feature of wordpress is post. You can call a wordpress api function and this will print out data that wordpress provides. But something like a slider and the images contained is a feature of the theme..(for the most part. unless it's post pics)

I just wanted to get a complete knowledge or summary of the features of wordpress.

The ability to print out the post is one feature

The ability to paginate post is this also a feature of something that the theme need to provide. I believe the theme would have to provide the buttons but wordpress would do the pagination. The reason i Assume this is because a php framework like laravel does suppost this feature just wondering if this is also true here.

If it does support pagination when you request more from an ajax call is this handled by your own function in your function.php or would you need to make a seperate url. Normal framework you would do a separate url but doesn't seem liek wordpress would give you this feature.

For the Featured post is this something that is a part of wordpress that would track your most recent post and display that list of feature post or is this something the theme developer would have to implement them self.

Wordpress has a database does the theme developer has access to this database to create there own table and navigate the database. This seems like it should be doable because it is just plain php at times so nothing too fancy. Do people do this. How would they avoid conflicting table names and things of that nature.

"sigh really hate mysqlconnect and PDO tickles my interest but not really".

If there is some wordpress guru out there thanks for all the help and the clarification. Hopefully this will full help other realize what exactly is the power of WordPress and what is the power of a plugin or a theme.

Thank for all the help.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongye1912 2013-09-04 20:36
    关注

WordPress is a powerful platform that can be easily built upon. For one of your examples, WordPress has a feature of pagination, however theme developers need to IMPLEMENT that feature to make it available to the end-user. Some theme developers choose not to implement the feature for whatever reason.

featured posts is another "feature" that can be implemented in many different ways, usually by a theme developer. What is "featured" for one person may be different for another.

Lastly, theme developer AND plugin developers have the ability to create tables and use them for their own purposes. Developers would have to try to use a unique naming convention to try to prevent naming collisions, but not all do.

WordPress has a list of features here: http://wordpress.org/about/features/

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥100 set_link_state
  • ¥15 虚幻5 UE美术毛发渲染
  • ¥15 CVRP 图论 物流运输优化
  • ¥15 Tableau online 嵌入ppt失败
  • ¥100 支付宝网页转账系统不识别账号
  • ¥15 基于单片机的靶位控制系统
  • ¥15 真我手机蓝牙传输进度消息被关闭了,怎么打开?(关键词-消息通知)