doumi7861 2013-08-02 15:57
浏览 55
已采纳

多个服务使用的API的OAuth

I'm currently developing an API for phpBB as part of my Google Summer of Code project. The point of the API is to enable developers to create applications that connects to phpBB boards.

The user needs a proper way to authenticate (obviously it's a bad idea to have the user input his username and password directly into the application), and I've been considering multiple ways of doing this.

I've already done my own kind of implementation but people I've talked to says I should rather use OAuth. I've been reading up about OAuth for a week now but I'm not entirely sure how it should be used in this case. What I gather from three-legged OAuth is that the application developer has to register his application at the service to receive a consumer token prior getting a client token. This isn't really possible because the developer can't really register his application on all the phpBB boards.

I've been thinking about if the application automatically fetches a consumer token from the server then a client token but to me that sounds like it defeats the point of three-legged OAuth.

I've read a bit about two-legged OAuth but from what I gather you aren't supposed to use that as authentication and is more for internal applications??

The authentication system I've implemented so far is like this:

1. Application requests an authentication token and a signing token from the phpBB board
  2. The user is prompted to visit the authentication page on the phpBB board with the tokens as parameters
  3. The application verifies with the phpBB board if the tokens are valid, the user would have to tell the application to do this after going trough the authentication phase in the browser
  4. When doing a request, say /api/forums/2/topics, the application would add the authentication token and a serial to the request: /api/forums/2/topics?auth_token=token&serial=2 where the serial is an everincreasing number to stop replay attacks. Then the application hashes the request using HMAC-SHA256 and appends it to the request as another GET parameter. The server does the same hashing to see if it's correct. This way attackers can't forge requests unless they got their hand on the signing token at the initial exchange.

I'm trying to figure out if I should rather try to implement OAuth instead of this, while trying to learn about OAuth. To be short: How would OAuth work spanning multiple services without having the developer register for each service?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongluobei9359 2013-08-02 19:30
    关注

If there's no centralized service, OAuth is probably not the right choice. Even if you allowed devs to dynamically create the application entry for a given instance, they'd still need to be registered on each one themselves first so you know who to association the OAuth application too.

Maybe something like HTTP Signatures would suit your needs better?

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 c语言怎么用printf(“\b \b”)与getch()实现黑框里写入与删除?
  • ¥20 怎么用dlib库的算法识别小麦病虫害
  • ¥15 华为ensp模拟器中S5700交换机在配置过程中老是反复重启
  • ¥15 java写代码遇到问题,求帮助
  • ¥15 uniapp uview http 如何实现统一的请求异常信息提示?
  • ¥15 有了解d3和topogram.js库的吗?有偿请教
  • ¥100 任意维数的K均值聚类
  • ¥15 stamps做sbas-insar,时序沉降图怎么画
  • ¥15 买了个传感器,根据商家发的代码和步骤使用但是代码报错了不会改,有没有人可以看看
  • ¥15 关于#Java#的问题,如何解决?