dshmkgq558192365 2016-01-11 23:01
浏览 59

jQuery + PHP自动完成

I recently upgraded jQuery from 1.8.x to 1.11.3 because of another dependency, and my autocomplete is now broken. I've been searching this site, Google, etc.. all day and cannot come up with the answer. jQuery-UI version is 1.9.2.

To start, I have a PHP file (autocomplete.php) that queries a MySQL database and returns inventory information:

<?php
require_once 'database.php';

if ($stmt = $con->prepare("select item_no, item_desc_1, item_desc_2 FROM items")) {
$stmt->execute();

$name = array();

while($row = $stmt->fetch(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC)) {
    $name[] = TRIM($row['item_no']) . '|' . TRIM($row['item_desc_1']) . '|' . TRIM($row['item_desc_2']);
};
echo json_encode($name);
}
?>

So far so good. I can check that the results are returned in the proper format.

On the page where I want the autocomplete, once the item_no is selected from the autocomplete results, item_desc_1 and item_desc_2 are populated from the results:

<input id="item_no" name="item_no" placeholder="Enter Item#" class="form-control" tabindex="2" type="text" />
<input id="item_desc_1" name="item_desc_1" placeholder="Enter Item Desc 1" class="form-control" type="text">
<input id="item_desc_2" name="item_desc_2" placeholder="Enter Item Desc 2" class="form-control" type="text">

At the very bottom of the page is my script, which should return the 3 elements from the JSON results and populate the fields.

$(function() {
var availableItems = <?php include('autocomplete.php'); ?>;
$("#item_no").autocomplete({
    source: availableItems.map(function(elem){
        return { 'label': elem.split('|')[0], 'value': elem.split('|')[1],'value2': elem.split('|')[2] }
    }),
    select: function(event, ui){
        $('#item_no').val(ui.item.label);
        $('#item_desc_1').val(ui.item.value);
        $('#item_desc_2').val(ui.item.value2);
        return false;
    }
   });
});

I keep getting either Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of null (Chrome) or TypeError: elem is null (Firebug).

To troubleshoot, I updated the table so there can't be NULL values in the table - if a value is NULL in either item description field then 'No Description Found' is returned. item_no is a primary key and NULL is not allowed.

What am I missing?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dpvmtdu364462 2016-01-12 14:23
    关注

The issue ended up being non-ascii characters stored in the database. Once I removed them, everything worked as expected. Thanks for everyone's help

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 划分vlan后不通了
  • ¥15 GDI处理通道视频时总是带有白色锯齿
  • ¥20 用雷电模拟器安装百达屋apk一直闪退
  • ¥15 算能科技20240506咨询(拒绝大模型回答)
  • ¥15 自适应 AR 模型 参数估计Matlab程序
  • ¥100 角动量包络面如何用MATLAB绘制
  • ¥15 merge函数占用内存过大
  • ¥15 Revit2020下载问题
  • ¥15 使用EMD去噪处理RML2016数据集时候的原理