dsedug8644 2012-06-27 14:57
浏览 21
已采纳

基于先前选择填充单个输入 - MYSQL PHP JS?

I want to grab my customers phone number from a MYSQL database and auto populate it into an input box based on users selection of customers in a prior dropdown box.

I've managed to do this in the past when filling in larger amounts of data but what I've previously used seems like a lot of code to auto fill a single input box.

I know how to fill the customer phone based on the data passed from the prior page (although I've deleted that bit here) but I want that data to change dynamically as users use the dropdown.

There's got to be an easy way to do this but I'm a complete newb at js (and only barely proficient at PHP & MYSQL). Can anyone give me a hand?

My PHP/HTML:

$result = mysql_query("SELECT cust_id, name, phone FROM customers ORDER BY name ASC");
$customers = mysql_fetch_array($result);

<label for="customer">Customer:</label>
<select name="customer">
    <option value="0">Add New Customer</option>
        <? foreach ($customers as $customer): ?>
            <option value="<?=$customer['cust_id']?>" <?=($customer['cust_id'] == $parts['cust']) ? "selected" : ""?>><?=$customer['name']?></option>
        <? endforeach; ?>
</select>

<label for="custphone">Customer Phone:</label>
<input type="text" name="custphone" value="">

Let me know if you need anything else from me and thanks in advance for helping me out on this.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• duanshangying5102 2012-06-27 15:20
    关注

For this answer, I will use the jQuery syntax, jQuery is a free javascript library, and you'll certainly use it in the future, read more.
    To resume, we'll use an event triggered by your select element, when his value is changed, we'll process an AJAX request with some parameters to a PHP page (ajax.php) which returns the phone number of the customer previously choosen.

First you need to include in your HTML web page, the jQuery script, with the <script> tag.

<script src="path/to/jquery.js"></script>

In a second time, we'll create a new javascript script (assuming you add some id's to your HTML elements):

<script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function(){ // When the document is ready
             $("select#customers").on("change",function(){ // We attach the event onchange to the select element
                 var customer_id = this.value; // We retirve the customer's id
                 $.ajax({
                     url : "path/to/ajax.php", // path to you php file which returns the phone number
                     method : "post", // We want a POST request 
                     data : "customer_id="+customer_id, // You'll retrieve this data in your $_POST variable in ajax.php : $_POST['customer_id']
                     success: function(response) { // The function to execute if the request is a -success-, response will be the customer phone number
                         $("input#custphone").value(response); // Fill the phone number input 
                     }
                 });
             });
        });
    </script>

Now, you've all the gear to continue, you should read about jQuery and AJAX. You just have to create the "ajax.php", retrieve your customer id with the $_POST variable, process the SQL query to retrieve the phone number, then, return it with an echo.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 数学建模招标中位数问题
  • ¥15 phython路径名过长报错 不知道什么问题
  • ¥15 深度学习中模型转换该怎么实现
  • ¥15 HLs设计手写数字识别程序编译通不过
  • ¥15 Stata外部命令安装问题求帮助!
  • ¥15 从键盘随机输入A-H中的一串字符串,用七段数码管方法进行绘制。提交代码及运行截图。
  • ¥15 TYPCE母转母,插入认方向