dongxiaolin2801 2010-12-21 19:59
浏览 44
已采纳

使用codeigniter / php的实体属性值模型

SO I am trying to create a way to structure my database to be able customize forms.

I looked into EAV pattern and here is my db structure:

Table form - form_id - form_name - form_added_on - form_modified_at

Table: form_fields - field_id - form_id - field_type (TEXT, RADIO etc..) - field_default_value - field_required

Table: form_data - data_id - field_id - form_id - field_value

so now I can store any custom form into the database and if I want to get the values for an individual form I can simply join it by "form_id" ..

the problem:

I want to be able to search through all the forms for a specific field value.

How can I do that with EAV model?

Also, I thought about just storing the custom data as a serialized (JSON) object but then I am not sure how can I query that data.

Please note that I am using Codeigniter with MYSQL. So if conversation can use Codeigniter libraries if needed.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dter8514 2011-01-02 00:25
    关注

Disclaimer: I don't know PHP or CodeIgniter, but I'd willing to assert that neither has any sort of built in support for EAV. That noted, I know a lot about EAV so I'll answer in that light.

When you write about searching for a specific value, I'm assuming you mean in a particular field as well. So with that stated, put the data in a XML CLOB off of the form table (e.g. data) and use MySQL's XML functions to search against it. Seriously. Let's say the XML looks like:

<data>
        <field id="[field_id]">value</field>
    </data>

Search it as as such:

SELECT f.form_id
    FROM
      form f
    WHERE 
      f.form_id = ?
      AND ExtractValue(data, '//field[@id="[field_id]"]') = ?

Why? The issue is searching multiple criteria against an EAV model is challenging. Consider this example:

SELECT f.form_id
    FROM
      form f
        INNER JOIN form_fields f1 ON f1.form_id = f.form_id
        INNER JOIN form_fields f2 ON f2.form_id = f.form_id
    WHERE 
      f.form_id = ?
      AND 
      (f1.field_id = ? AND f1.field_value = ?)
      AND 
      (f2.field_id = ? AND f2.field_value = ?)

This all seems well and good, now change the AND to OR and all hell breaks loose.

SELECT f.form_id
    FROM
      form f
        INNER JOIN form_fields f1 ON f1.form_id = f.form_id
        INNER JOIN form_fields f2 ON f2.form_id = f.form_id
    WHERE 
      f.form_id = ?
      OR 
      (f1.field_id = ? AND f1.field_value = ?)
      OR 
      (f2.field_id = ? AND f2.field_value = ?)

Do you see the issue? The INNER JOIN in the FROM clause means records no matter what, data is returned no matter the WHERE clause. So instead of JOIN in the FROM clause + WHERE clause, EAV demands an EXISTS in the WHERE:

SELECT f.form_id
    FROM
      form f
    WHERE 
      f.form_id = ?
      AND (
        EXISTS (
          SELECT f1.form_id FROM form_fields f1 
          WHERE f1.field_id = ? AND f1.field_value = ? AND f1.form_id = f.form_id
        )
        -- note OR search 
        EXISTS (
          SELECT f2.form_id FROM form_fields f2
          WHERE f2.field_id = ? AND f2.field_value = ? AND f2.form_id = f.form_id
        )
      )

Kinda ugly huh? That and MySQL subquery performance is not good. Add in the desire to search on specific data types, such as dates and integers, and you're either casting or working with multiple columns in the form_field table (e.g. field_date_value, field_int_value, etc...).

So the XML CLOB means only table to consider when querying and also the possibility of multivalued attributes as well (multiselects or checkboxes come to mind).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 请问有人会紧聚焦相关的matlab知识嘛?
  • ¥50 yalmip+Gurobi
  • ¥20 win10修改放大文本以及缩放与布局后蓝屏无法正常进入桌面
  • ¥15 itunes恢复数据最后一步发生错误
  • ¥15 关于#windows#的问题:2024年5月15日的win11更新后资源管理器没有地址栏了顶部的地址栏和文件搜索都消失了
  • ¥100 H5网页如何调用微信扫一扫功能?
  • ¥15 讲解电路图,付费求解