dongliang2005 2014-03-03 15:01
浏览 8

订阅,单一购买产品和可变服务的数据模型

I am designing a database for a system that will handle subscription based products, standard one off set price purchase products, and billing of variable services.

A customer can be related to many domains and a domain may have many subscriptions, set priced products or billed variable services related to it.

I am unsure whether to seperate each of these categories into their own 'orders' table or figure out a solution to compile them all into a single orders table.

Certain information about subscriptions is required such as start date or expiry date which is irrelevant for stand alone products. Variable services could be any price so having a single products table would mean I would have to add a new product which may be never used again or might be at a different cost.

What would be the best way to tackle this, and is splitting each into seperate order tables the best way?

• 写回答

5条回答 默认 最新

• douzhan1238 2014-03-09 14:22
    关注

As with any data model, the "best" way depends on your needs. Since you don't specify a lot of details regarding your specific needs, it's difficult to say what the bets model is.

However, in general you need to consider what level of detail is necessary. For example if all subscriptions cost the same and are billed on the 1st of the month, it may be sufficient to have a field like is_subscription ENUM ('Y', 'N') in your orders table. If billing dates and prices for subscriptions can vary however, you need to store that information too. In that case it may be better to have a separate table for subscriptions.

Another consideration is exactly what an "order" represents in your model. One interpretation is that an order includes all the purchases included in one transaction, including both one-off purchases, variable services and subscriptions. A completed order would then result in a bill, and subscriptions would be automatically billed on the proper day of the month without a new order being made.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 在获取boss直聘的聊天的时候只能获取到前40条聊天数据
  • ¥20 关于URL获取的参数,无法执行二选一查询
  • ¥15 液位控制,当液位超过高限时常开触点59闭合,直到液位低于低限时,断开
  • ¥15 marlin编译错误,如何解决?
  • ¥15 有偿四位数,节约算法和扫描算法
  • ¥15 VUE项目怎么运行,系统打不开
  • ¥50 pointpillars等目标检测算法怎么融合注意力机制
  • ¥20 Vs code Mac系统 PHP Debug调试环境配置
  • ¥60 大一项目课,微信小程序