du8791069 2016-04-05 02:59
浏览 25

您如何在生产中部署cron脚本?

i would like to write a script that schedules various things throughout the day. unfortunately it will do > 100 different tasks a day, closer to 500 and could be up to 10,000 in the future.

All the tasks are independent in that you can think of my script as a service for end users who sign up and want me to schedule a task for them. so if 5 ppl sign up and person A wants me to send them an email at 9 am, this will be different than person B who might want me to query an api at 10:30 pm etc.

now, conceptually I plan to have a database that tells me what each persons task will be and what time they asked to schedule that task and the frequency. once a day I will get this data from my database so I have an up-to-date record of all the tasks that need to be executed in the day

running them through a loop I can create channels that can execute timers or tickers for each task.

the question I have is how does this get deployed in production to, for example google app engine? since those platforms are for Web servers I'm not sure how this would work...Or am I supposed to use Google Compute Engine and have it act as a computation for 24 hours? Can google compute engine even make http calls?

also if I have to have say 500 channels in go open 24 hrs a day, does that count as 500 containers in google app engine? I imagine that will get very costly quickly, despite what is essentially a very low cost product.

so again the question comes back to, how does a cron script get deployed in production?

any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated as I have done a lot of googling and unfortunately everything leads back to a cron scheduler that has a limit of 100 tasks in google app engine...

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• duandun2136 2016-04-05 03:43
    关注

Details about cron operation on GAE can be found here.

The tricky portion from your prospective is that updating the cron configuration is done from outside the application, so it's at least difficult (if not impossible) to customize the cron jobs based on your app user's actions.

It is however possible to just run a generic cron job (once a minute, for example) and have that job's handler read the users' custom job configs and further generate tasks accordingly to handle them. Running ~10K tasks per day is usually not an issue, they might even fit inside the free app quotas (depending on what the tasks are actually doing).

The same technique can be applied on a regular Linux OS (including on a GCE VM). I didn't yet use GCE, so I can't tell exactly if/how would a dynamically updated cron be possible with it.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 各位请问平行检验趋势图这样要怎么调整?说标准差差异太大了
  • ¥15 delphi webbrowser组件网页下拉菜单自动选择问题
  • ¥15 wpf界面一直接收PLC给过来的信号,导致UI界面操作起来会卡顿
  • ¥15 init i2c:2 freq:100000[MAIXPY]: find ov2640[MAIXPY]: find ov sensor是main文件哪里有问题吗
  • ¥15 运动想象脑电信号数据集.vhdr
  • ¥15 三因素重复测量数据R语句编写,不存在交互作用
  • ¥15 微信会员卡等级和折扣规则
  • ¥15 微信公众平台自制会员卡可以通过收款码收款码收款进行自动积分吗
  • ¥15 随身WiFi网络灯亮但是没有网络,如何解决?
  • ¥15 gdf格式的脑电数据如何处理matlab