switch {
    case 1 == 1:
        fmt.Println("1 == 1")
        fallthrough
    case 2 == 1:
        fmt.Println("2 == 1")
    }
}

Which prints both lines on the go playground - see example here. I would have expected the fallthrough statement to include evaluation of the next case statement, but this seems not to be the case.

Of course, I can always use a bunch of if statements, so this is not a real impediment, but I am curious what the intention here is, since this seems to me to be a non-obvious result.

Anyone care to explain? For example: in this code, how can I get the 1st and 3rd cases to execute?

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• douzuo5504 2017-07-25 12:11
    关注

Switch is not a bunch of ifs. It's more akin to if {} else if {} construct, but with a couple of twists - namely break and fallthrough. It's not possible to make switch execute first and third cases - a switch does not check each condition, it finds first match and executes it. That's all.

It's primary purpose is to walk through a list of possible values and execute a different code for each value. In fact, in C (where switch statement came from) switch expression can only be of integral type and case values can only be constants that switch expression will be compared too. It's only relatively recently, languages started adding support for strings, boolean expressions etc in switch cases.

As to fallthrough logic it also comes from C. There is no fallthrough operator in C. In C execution falls through into next case (without checking case values) unless break operator encountered. The reason for this design is that sometimes you need to do something special and then do same steps as in another case. So, this design merely allows that. Unfortunately, it's rather rarely useful, so falling through by default was causing more trouble when programmer forgotten to put a break statement in, then actually helping when truly omitted that break intentionally. So, many modern languages change this logic to never fall through by default and to require explicit fallthrough statement if falling through is actually required.

Unfortunately, it's a it hard to come up with a non contrived example of fallthrough being useful that would be short enough to fit into an answer. As I said it's relatively rare. But sometimes you need to write code similar to this:

if x == a || x == b {
      if x == a {
        // do action a
      }
      // do action ab
    } else if x == c {
       // do action c
    } else if x == d {
      // do action d
    }

In fact, I needed code of similar structure quite recently in one of my projects. So, I used switch statement instead. And it looked like this:

switch x {
      case a: // do action a
              fallthrough
      case b: // do action ab
      case c: // do action c
      case d: // do action d
    }

And your switch from the question is functionally equivalent to this:

if 1 == 1 || 2 == 1 {
        if 1 == 1 {
            fmt.Println("1 == 1")
        }
        fmt.Println("2 == 1")
    }

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 init i2c:2 freq:100000[MAIXPY]: find ov2640[MAIXPY]: find ov sensor是main文件哪里有问题吗
  • ¥15 运动想象脑电信号数据集.vhdr
  • ¥15 三因素重复测量数据R语句编写,不存在交互作用
  • ¥15 微信会员卡等级和折扣规则
  • ¥15 微信公众平台自制会员卡可以通过收款码收款码收款进行自动积分吗
  • ¥15 随身WiFi网络灯亮但是没有网络,如何解决?
  • ¥15 gdf格式的脑电数据如何处理matlab
  • ¥20 重新写的代码替换了之后运行hbuliderx就这样了
  • ¥100 监控抖音用户作品更新可以微信公众号提醒
  • ¥15 UE5 如何可以不渲染HDRIBackdrop背景