dps43378 2010-10-03 05:40 采纳率: 0%
浏览 104
已采纳

论坛帖子表应该使用MyISAM还是InnoDB

For a forum, should I use MyISAM or InnoDB for the table that stores the text?

I know that MyISAM supports full text searching, which sounds like it's what I should go for, but while reading, I've come across this very confusing sentence.

You should use InnoDB when transactions are important, such as for situations in which INSERTs and SELECTs are being interleaved, such as online message boards or forums.

Well, but for an "online message boards or forums" I would need good search to search through the text of each post, so doesn't it make more sense to use MyISAM? Can someone clarify what's most commonly used?

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dswqw66280 2010-10-03 05:56
    关注

Generally speaking, for non-critical data, I'd use InnoDB tuned for speed. (E.g., I wouldn't flush binary logs on every commit.) I'd only use MyISAM for things like logging tables.

As others have mentioned, you can use external search indexes if you need to do full text searches. They are more powerful and faster than MySQL's.

Regarding the part about transactions, it's a bit of a lie. You could do the same thing with MyISAM by locking tables for WRITE. If you are inserting into, say, three tables when posting a message, you could lock all three tables for WRITE, and the data would look consistent (assuming all three INSERTS succeeded).

But the problem with that is you are locking the entire table, which can slow down concurrent usage. In fact, that is one of InnoDB's major advantages over MyISAM: it has row-level locking.

In short: if you are unable to set up an external indexer, and your site does not experience too much traffic, then MyISAM will work fine despite it being less robust. You can emulate the consistency of transactions with table locks. (I do not mean to make it sound like the table locking is somehow equivalent to transactions.)

Otherwise, I'd use InnoDB with an external indexing service.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 关于#硬件工程#的问题,请各位专家解答!
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:期望的系统闭环传递函数为G(s)=wn^2/s^2+2¢wn+wn^2阻尼系数¢=0.707,使系统具有较小的超调量
  • ¥15 FLUENT如何实现在堆积颗粒的上表面加载高斯热源
  • ¥30 截图中的mathematics程序转换成matlab
  • ¥15 动力学代码报错,维度不匹配
  • ¥15 Power query添加列问题
  • ¥50 Kubernetes&Fission&Eleasticsearch
  • ¥15 報錯:Person is not mapped,如何解決?
  • ¥15 c++头文件不能识别CDialog
  • ¥15 Excel发现不可读取的内容