douju1968 2009-03-23 14:12
浏览 69
已采纳

如何使用使用ORM的应用程序进行单元测试?

I've looked through the various questions on unit testing but can't find one that specifically answers this question.

I've got several PHP classes that contain functions that look like this:

static function _setSuspended($Suspended, $UserID)
    {
        try {
            $con = Propel::getConnection();

$c1 = new Criteria();
            $c1->add(DomainsPeer::USERID,$UserID);

$update = new Criteria();
            $update->add(DomainsPeer::SUSPENDED,$Suspended);

BasePeer::doUpdate($c1, $update, $con);

return true;
        } catch(PropelException $e) {
            return $e->getMessage();
        }
    }

I'm using Propel as my ORM. I've read through various unit testing topics that talk about creating 'Mocks' and 'Stubs' and what not but I have not been able to find anything that specifically tells you how to test a function like above.

My thinking goes something like: I need to test the function above so I would want to call it. But if I call it, it uses Propel as the ORM and according to the Unit Testing principles I should isolate each function by itself.

I just don't see a way to do that. What am I missing here?

• 写回答

5条回答 默认 最新

• doufangpian5545 2009-03-23 14:56
    关注

I've found that mocking the ORM doesn't give me any confidence because the ORM configuration never gets tested. ORMs also have lots of action at a distance effects which can give false confidence with unit tests. Mocking the database driver or providing an alternate in-memory database gives me much higher confidence my code is correct and is about as hard as mocking the ORM.

SQLite is a great in-memory database for unit testing. It's on the PDO supported database list. (PDO is the Propel 1.3 database driver.) If you don't want to use an in-memory database, you might be able to find a PDO mock already written.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(4条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 用windows做服务的同志有吗
  • ¥60 求一个简单的网页(标签-安全|关键词-上传)
  • ¥35 lstm时间序列共享单车预测,loss值优化,参数优化算法
  • ¥15 Python中的request,如何使用ssr节点,通过代理requests网页。本人在泰国,需要用大陆ip才能玩网页游戏,合法合规。
  • ¥100 为什么这个恒流源电路不能恒流?
  • ¥15 有偿求跨组件数据流路径图
  • ¥15 写一个方法checkPerson,入参实体类Person,出参布尔值