dptiq46022 2012-06-12 20:43
浏览 33
已采纳

为什么要在PHP中通过引用传递原始类型参数?

One thing that's always bugged me (and everyone else, ever) about PHP is its inconsistency in function naming and parameters. Another more recent annoyance is its tendency to ask for function parameters by reference rather than by value.

I did a quick browse through the PHP manual, and found the function sort() as an example. If I was implementing that function I'd take an array by value, sort it into a new array, and return the new value. In PHP, sort() returns a boolean, and modifies the existing array.

How I'd like to call sort():

$array = array('c','a','b');
$sorted_array = sort($array);

How PHP wants me to call sort():

$array = array('c','a','b');
sort($array);
$sorted_array = $array;

And additionally, the following throws a fatal error: Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference

sort(array('c','a','b');

I'd imagine that part of this could be a legacy of PHP's old days, but there must have been a reason things were done this way. I can see the value in passing an object by reference ID like PHP 5+ does (which I guess is sort of in between pass by reference and pass by value), but not in the case of strings, arrays, integers and such.

I'm not an expert in the field of Computer Science, so as you can probably gather I'm trying to grasp some of these concepts still, and I'm curious as to whether there's a reason things are set up this way, or whether it's just a leftover.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• duanguilin2007 2012-06-12 20:46
    关注

The main reason is that PHP was developed by C programmers, and this is very much a C-programming paradigm. In C, it makes sense to pass a pointer to a data structure you want changed. In PHP, not so much (Among other things, because references are not the same as a pointer).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 我想咨询一下路面纹理三维点云数据处理的一些问题,上传的坐标文件里是怎么对无序点进行编号的,以及xy坐标在处理的时候是进行整体模型分片处理的吗
  • ¥15 CSAPPattacklab
  • ¥15 一直显示正在等待HID—ISP
  • ¥15 Python turtle 画图
  • ¥15 关于大棚监测的pcb板设计
  • ¥15 stm32开发clion时遇到的编译问题
  • ¥15 lna设计 源简并电感型共源放大器