dongtie0929 2012-07-03 12:58
浏览 107
已采纳

使用s3cmd进行棘手的stderr重定向

I have some strange behavior redirecting stdout and stderr from s3cmd. For example:

$ touch test

$ s3cmd put test s3://non_existent_bucket
test -> s3://non_existent_bucket/test  [1 of 1]
 4 of 4   100% in    0s    88.17 B/s  done
ERROR: S3 error: 404 (NoSuchBucket): The specified bucket does not exist

This output is (if I'm not getting it wrong) part stdout and part stderr. That is shown as follows:

$ s3cmd put test s3://non_existent_bucket 2> log
test -> s3://non_existent_bucket/test  [1 of 1]
 4 of 4   100% in    0s   120.11 B/s  done

$ cat log

Effectively, stderr is redirected, but we want both stdout and stderr. Let's try only stdout first:

$ s3cmd put test s3://non_existent_bucket > log

$ cat log

It is not written after the command so I understand stdout is in fact redirecting (or something), but it doesn't get caught on the log file. I guess it somehow detects if it is connected to a tty or not, and only outputs this kind of data in the first case.

In the same way, if I try to redirect both streams, I get stderr but not the stdout output that I need:

$ s3cmd put test s3://non_existent_bucket >& log

$ cat log

In fact, what I need to do is call this from PHP and get the full output. I've only found ways to execute a command and retrieve stdout, so I'm doing as follows:

exec('s3cmd put test s3://non_existent_bucket 2>&1', $output);

And here, I don't get any of the output from either streams. I guess I'm loosing stdout because s3cmd detects it's not connected to a tty, but stderr I still don't understand why it's not caught.

Trying with popen() and exec() I get the same result.

I need the whole output, or stdout at least (although I guess the progress info will be somehow grabbled). Any idea?

Thanks in advance!!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douchao1879 2012-07-03 13:20
    关注

The man page for s3cmd details a --progress/--no-progress flag, with a description as follows:

Display or don't display progress meter. When running on TTY (e.g. console or xterm) the default is to display progress meter. If not on TTY (e.g. output is redirected somewhere or running from cron) the default is to not display progress meter.

So it looks like s3cmd will do something like isatty(0) to determine whether to write the progress details to STDOUT or not, but if you explicitly specify --[no-]progress it will force one behaviour or the other.

Try:

exec('s3cmd --progress put test s3://non_existent_bucket 2>&1', $output);

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:在模糊控制器中选出线路信息,在simulink中根据线路信息生成速度时间目标曲线(初速度为20m/s,15秒后减为0的速度时间图像)我想问线路信息是什么
  • ¥15 banner广告展示设置多少时间不怎么会消耗用户价值
  • ¥16 mybatis的代理对象无法通过@Autowired装填
  • ¥15 可见光定位matlab仿真
  • ¥15 arduino 四自由度机械臂
  • ¥15 wordpress 产品图片 GIF 没法显示
  • ¥15 求三国群英传pl国战时间的修改方法
  • ¥15 matlab代码代写,需写出详细代码,代价私
  • ¥15 ROS系统搭建请教(跨境电商用途)
  • ¥15 AIC3204的示例代码有吗,想用AIC3204测量血氧,找不到相关的代码。