dongzhi5846 2011-02-01 10:38
浏览 37
已采纳

如何处理不同版本的PHP

I'm writing a Wordpress plugin, so it's going to be used by different users and different PHP versions. The problem is that I found that some of the functions (like json_encode) are available in PHP 5.3 and not in PHP 5.2 or less. This creates a big issue, as most users don't have the latest version.

I want now, after getting the plugin 99% done, to do the following

1. Test my code with some kind of an app. where I can put the minimum PHP version. That App. or program would find out functions like json_encode. Not sure if that is possible, but would probably solve most of my problem.
  2. Is it possible to get the native code of the PHP functions in PHP. I'm not sure if they are written in PHP or not, if so where can I get them. If not, what's the best option to find replacement for these functions. Certainly, I don't want to be re-coding them from scratch
  3. What's the best methodology to implement the functions. I found some developers that check for the PHP version, while others check if the functions exist. Which one is best and why?

Would love also to read about your deployment strategies and how you dealt with that particular problem.

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• duanqi5333 2011-02-01 10:45
    关注

Re 1.) there may be such an application, but there also may be not. What you usually want to do is to keep close tabs on each function you use in the manual, which states what PHP version(s) are needed.

Re 2.) if a function is PHP 5.3 or 5.2 only, you will usually find a replacement suggestion in the User Contributed Notes or on Stack Overflow. (Be careful what you use though, a lot of the code in the UCN is bad - but in that case, there is usually at least one comment saying so.)

Re. 3.) it probably doesn't matter, but checking for whether a function exists is surely the safest way.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(3条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 怎么用dlib库的算法识别小麦病虫害
  • ¥15 华为ensp模拟器中S5700交换机在配置过程中老是反复重启
  • ¥15 java写代码遇到问题,求帮助
  • ¥15 uniapp uview http 如何实现统一的请求异常信息提示?
  • ¥15 有了解d3和topogram.js库的吗?有偿请教
  • ¥100 任意维数的K均值聚类
  • ¥15 stamps做sbas-insar,时序沉降图怎么画
  • ¥15 买了个传感器,根据商家发的代码和步骤使用但是代码报错了不会改,有没有人可以看看
  • ¥15 关于#Java#的问题,如何解决?
  • ¥15 加热介质是液体,换热器壳侧导热系数和总的导热系数怎么算