duanan5940 2014-01-02 17:58
浏览 88
已采纳

使用Json格式减少MySQL中的JOIN

I have many tables in my database, an example is the table fs_user, the following is an extract of the table columns (dealing with privacy settings):

4 Columns from the table fs_user:

show_email_to
show_address_to
show_gender_to
show_interested_in_to

Like many social networks, I need not only to specify which data is private and which is public, but also which data is available to a chosen users, and which one is not.

As I have about 30 data like the 4 data above, I think it will be bad to create one table for every data, and make a many to many relation with the table fs_user.

This is why, I got the idea of saving this data in a Json form for every column (whose type=TEXT), example

show_email_to => {1:'ALL',2:'BUT',3:'3'}

This data means, show email to all users, except the user whose id=3.

Another example:

show_email_to => {1:'NONE',2:'BUT',3:'3',4:'80',5:'10'}

This means, no user will see the email except the users id=3,id=80 and id=10.

Of course, the MySql query will select this data, and PHP/Js will extract the data I need from Json.

Another point, is that sometimes .. a user wants to show data only to his friends except 3 friends.

This will do :

show_email_to => {1:'FRIENDS',2:'BUT',3:'3'}

This means that the email will be shown to all his friends, except user with id=3.

My question is : How much will be this system performant, flexible (for other uses) compared to the 'many to many' solution (which requires to have many data in many tables)??

Note: I know already that saving many elements in one column is a bad practice, But here: I think this is a json element and can be considered as a one Object

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongyuan2388 2014-01-02 18:35
    关注

This is a good question. What you propose is, with respect, a very bad idea indeed if you're using any flavor of SQL. You are proposing to denormalize your tables in a way that will defeat every attempt to speed up searching or querying in the future.

What should you do instead? You could take a look at using an XML-centric dbms like MarkLogic. It's capable of creating indexes that accelerate various Xpath-style queries, so you would be able to search on relationships. If you do that, I hope you have a big budget.

Or, you could use normalized permission tables.

item_to_show  (item id)
       order (an integer specifying rule ordering,  needed for this)
       recipient (user id)
       isdenied  (0 means recipient is allowed, 1 means she is denied)

In this table, the primary key is a compound key constructed of the first two columns.

I'm aware that you have many types of items. You assert that it's bad to have an extra table for each item type in your system. I don't agree that it's inherently bad. I believe your proposed solution is far worse.

You could arrange to give each item a unique id number to allow you to use a single permission table. See this for an example of how to do that. Fastest way to generate 11,000,000 unique ids

Or you could have a single permission table with a type id.

item_to_show  (item id)
       item_type_to_show (item type id)
       order (an integer specifying rule ordering,  needed for this)
       recipient (user id)
       isdenied  (0 means recipient is allowed, 1 means she is denied)

In this case the primary key is the first three columns.

Or, you can do what you don't want to do and have a separate permission table for each item type.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 Mac系统vs code使用phpstudy如何配置debug来调试php
  • ¥15 目前主流的音乐软件,像网易云音乐,QQ音乐他们的前端和后台部分是用的什么技术实现的?求解!
  • ¥60 pb数据库修改与连接
  • ¥15 spss统计中二分类变量和有序变量的相关性分析可以用kendall相关分析吗?
  • ¥15 拟通过pc下指令到安卓系统,如果追求响应速度,尽可能无延迟,是不是用安卓模拟器会优于实体的安卓手机?如果是,可以快多少毫秒?
  • ¥20 神经网络Sequential name=sequential, built=False
  • ¥16 Qphython 用xlrd读取excel报错
  • ¥15 单片机学习顺序问题!!
  • ¥15 ikuai客户端多拨vpn,重启总是有个别重拨不上
  • ¥20 关于#anlogic#sdram#的问题,如何解决?(关键词-performance)