duanpanbo9476 2016-03-04 18:41
浏览 107
已采纳

REST API PUT请求更新资源

I want to update one of the resources I defined (user) to update his current status (online/offline) and/or location. Therefore I would use a PUT request like this:

PUT http://server/v1/users/12345

Payload

{
   "status": 0
}

to set the status offline for example.

Or it could be:

Payload

{
   "latitude": 100,
   "longitude": 100
}

The backend is based on Laravel/PHP and I respond to this request in my controller:

public function update(Request $request, $userReference) {

// Get payload from request
        $bodyContent = json_decode($request->getContent(), true);
        $userReference = $userReference;

// Update the user location
        $updateResponderLocationCommand = new UpdateResponderLocationCommand($bodyContent);
        $this->commandBus->execute($updateResponderLocationCommand);

$response = [
            'userReference' => $userReference
        ];

return $this->setStatusCode(201)->respond($response);
    }

This controller uses a command system I integrated that will trigger the task of doing the update.

My questions are, where I struggle:

1. How do I do differentiate between the commands that should be executed. Right now, only the LocationUpdate is in this method. But I don't want to write a new update message just for the status update.
  2. So how does a request need to work properly? Can I still use the approach with PUT http://server/v1/user/100 and by having keywords in the payload and a select switch - approach within the controller a differentiation between tasks to be executed upon?
  3. Am I suppsoed to use PUT at all, when I only update a single component? I read that I should use POST instead?
  • 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• doutangtan6386 2016-03-04 18:59
    关注
    1. Typically, the corresponding action would be sent through the routing mechanism. We would have an action property on your json object that corresponds to the function that should take place.

Lets have a look at that:

public function update(....){
        switch($request->get('action'))
        {
            case 'location':
                //execute the command here
                break;
            case 'status':
                //execute the command here
                break;
        }
    }

In this way, we can make sure that our commands are dispatched according to our actions. This is the method that I prefer.

1. Regarding the whole put v.s. post - there's no reason to do another write-up as this question thread here has the best breakdown and explanation by far.

2. You should refer back to the link in #2. When creating a resource, you should use PUT. This makes sure that the request is idempotent and will not be duplicated (client's hung, server bottlenecked, etc).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置
  • ¥15 有没有研究水声通信方面的帮我改俩matlab代码
  • ¥15 对于相关问题的求解与代码
  • ¥15 ubuntu子系统密码忘记
  • ¥15 信号傅里叶变换在matlab上遇到的小问题请求帮助
  • ¥15 保护模式-系统加载-段寄存器
  • ¥15 电脑桌面设定一个区域禁止鼠标操作