dou12754 2015-02-01 19:35
浏览 29

使用Memcache,我应该使用PDO还是ORM?

I am working on a project with a custom HTML5 front end and a backend I've designed from experience. The backend is composed of a message queue and a cache - currently I've chosen Beanstalk and Memcache because I'm famliar with them but I am open to suggestions.

My question though comes from how my coder is interfacing with the MySQL DB we are using to store the data. The idea is to pre-cache most or all of the DB so the site runs really fast. It's not a huge DB so RAM for Memcache shouldn't be an issue. However, my coder is using CodeIgniter with GreenBean. I've never heard of GreenBean before and when I google it I get almost nothing that isn't related to greenbeans the food. What little I could find suggested it was an ORM which fits from what my coder has told me.

The problem is this. With raw PDO my pre-caching scheme is simple - I would grab each row from each table and store it in the cache with a key. Then every time I needed that data I would look at the cache first for it and then the DB. If something is changed on the backend then I only need to update that row in the DB and the associated key in the cache.

With an ORM, if I store the entire ORM object serialized into the cache then it holds a bunch of related data. Data that could be incorrect if something were changed. For example, you have a DB of employees that is linked to the office they work in and the dept they work in. The ORM grabs the office and the dept and we store all of that in the cache. But if the office address changes the ORM object for every employee in that office is now stale/incorrect.

In that example, just letting the cache expire probably isn't an issue most of the time. But in my application, that data should really get updated immediately. So in a simple PDO scheme you flush the cache keys related to the data that changed and every future page call gets the updated data. But with an ORM you have lots and lots of cached object instances that might be incorrect and no good way of finding them. So it seems to me you are now left with some form of indexing of your cached objects and when you change something simple you could be flushing and refilling a big chunk of the cache. The site gets really slow then.

Typically I would just cache a DB result after the first time I needed it but in this case I think that could end up being really slow for a lot of users that make the first requests that particular set of data. Additionally, there are some search features that could require a lot of data from the DB. Thus my desire to pre-cache.

So in this case I'm thinking an ORM would hurt the site's performance. I'm thinking I'm not the first person to have this issue though. Is there an ORM out there that would handle this scenario well? Is there a better backend architecture I'm missing?

Thanks

• 写回答

0条回答 默认 最新

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 孟德尔随机化结果不一致
    • ¥15 apm2.8飞控罗盘bad health,加速度计校准失败
    • ¥15 求解O-S方程的特征值问题给出边界层布拉休斯平行流的中性曲线
    • ¥15 谁有desed数据集呀
    • ¥20 手写数字识别运行c仿真时,程序报错错误代码sim211-100
    • ¥15 关于#hadoop#的问题
    • ¥15 (标签-Python|关键词-socket)