dpwuvfpu52502 2017-11-04 03:29
浏览 68

如果我声明(ticks = 1)但没有注册tick函数,那么产生的tick处理会产生什么样的开销呢?

First of all - there seem to be many questions about the fundamentals of tick functionality, so I want to add the top user comment at php.net/declare to the pile for anyone looking for further information. I found it while digging around as I tried to figure out the following.

So, I'm working on writing a simple debug helper. I want to add function tracing and benchmarking - basically what tick functionality is perfect for.

Thing is, I want to enable and disable benchmarking depending on arbitrary conditions that occur during script processing. I'm not really looking for fixed debugging à la scoped declare() { ... }.

What I'm looking to do is to put declare(); at the top of my script, and then register and unregister my debugging/benchmarking (tick) function as appropriate. Un/registration won't happen (too) often, so is efficient and reasonable.

But then I got curious: when I don't have a tick function registered... does the fact that I've run declare(ticks=1); have any effect on execution efficiency? Does it cause any extra processing to become permanently enabled anyway?

Analysis of PHP(7)'s source code shows that the answer is technically yes, but I'm not yet sure how.

The answer seems to be in zend_compile.c:8200: it appears this function defers compilation processing to the appropriate routines, then if ticks are enabled it additionally emits a ZEND_TICKS opcode into the opline via zend_emit_tick() in :2167. The opcode reference page for TICKS seems consistent with this conclusion; it shows an example disassembled opcode listing which has TICKS opcodes scattered throughout it, and I was wondering how they got in there until I discovered the above.

The ZEND_TICKS handler (in zend_vm_def.h:6859) seems to call zend_ticks_function(). This is mapped to ticks_function() in zend.c:754, which is in turn mapped to php_run_ticks() in main.2013. This is finally defined in php_ticks.c, where it's all of:

void php_run_ticks(int count)
{
  zend_llist_apply_with_argument(
    &PG(tick_functions),
    (llist_apply_with_arg_func_t) php_tick_iterator,
    &count
  );
}

Huh. Not bad.

But here's the thing. If I declare(ticks=1);, the above dispatch is being run for literally every statement executed. That's... ouch. For long-running scripts containing high-iteration-count, tight processing loops, I'm wondering how badly that'll add up.

Problem is, I'm not even sure how to benchmark this. The only way I could envisage to do so would be to synthesize some PHP bytecode and then figure out a way to inject that directly into the PHP bytecode interpreter.

And that leads to my question: how much of a performance impact does this additional dispatch have, in practice? How can I quantify it?

Obviously the above investigation was performed on the canonical PHP.net interpreter. I haven't looked into how HHVM does this at all (yet), but I wouldn't at all mind learning how it handles it.

• 写回答

0条回答 默认 最新

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 请教:如何用postman调用本地虚拟机区块链接上的合约?
    • ¥15 为什么使用javacv转封装rtsp为rtmp时出现如下问题:[h264 @ 000000004faf7500]no frame?
    • ¥15 乘性高斯噪声在深度学习网络中的应用
    • ¥15 运筹学排序问题中的在线排序
    • ¥15 关于docker部署flink集成hadoop的yarn,请教个问题 flink启动yarn-session.sh连不上hadoop,这个整了好几天一直不行,求帮忙看一下怎么解决
    • ¥15 深度学习根据CNN网络模型,搭建BP模型并训练MNIST数据集
    • ¥15 C++ 头文件/宏冲突问题解决
    • ¥15 用comsol模拟大气湍流通过底部加热(温度不同)的腔体
    • ¥50 安卓adb backup备份子用户应用数据失败
    • ¥20 有人能用聚类分析帮我分析一下文本内容嘛