duanben4771 2017-05-05 04:05
浏览 13
已采纳

Lightstep:子范围的UI不正确

Background

I have a java server that is making an RPC call to a go server. The java rpc client and go rpc server are instrumented with lightstep. Everything about the trace looks normal except for where in the lightstep UI, the go rpc server span is placed.

The java span has ts 1493929521325 which is right before the request is sent to the go server. The go rpc server has 2 timestamps: 1493929521326 is when it received the request and started the span, 1493929521336 is after it responded and finished the span.

Problem

I would expect the UI to have the go span horizontally to the immediate right of the java span. Instead, it is far to the right.

The only possible cause I can think of is an incompatibility between v0.10.1 which java code is using and v0.9.1 which go is using. Is this a possibility? Do you have any thoughts on a possible cause?

The go code is essentially:

import (
    lightstep "github.com/lightstep/lightstep-tracer-go"
    opentracing "github.com/opentracing/opentracing-go"
)

tracer := lightstep.NewTracer(lightstep.Options{
    AccessToken: ls.AccessToken,
    Collector:   lightstep.Endpoint{ls.Host, ls.Port, true},
    Tags:        map[string]interface{}{lightstep.ComponentNameKey: component},
})

spanContext, err := tracer.Extract(opentracing.TextMap, opentracing.TextMapCarrier(req.GetLightstepData()))
span = tracer.StartSpan(
    endpoint,
    opentracing.ChildOf(spanContext))
}

// handle the request

span.Finish()

enter image description here

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanmo7075 2017-06-13 18:43
    关注

[Disclaimer: I work at LightStep]

Sorry you're having trouble getting Java and Go to play well together. I suspect this is caused by time-correction being enabled in Java but not being used in Go.

You can disable time correction in Java using the withClockSkewCorrection(boolean clockCorrection) option to turn off clockCorrection when passing in options to the LightStep tracer

Here is the updated README and a link to the option code

If you contact us via the [Support] button in LightStep, we should be able to get you sorted out. Please send us a note so that we can confirm that this is solved for you.

We'll start monitoring SO more carefully so that we catch these things earlier.

Thanks and happy tracing!

Will

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 uniapp uview http 如何实现统一的请求异常信息提示?
  • ¥15 目详情-五一模拟赛详情页
  • ¥15 有了解d3和topogram.js库的吗?有偿请教
  • ¥100 任意维数的K均值聚类
  • ¥15 stamps做sbas-insar,时序沉降图怎么画
  • ¥15 买了个传感器,根据商家发的代码和步骤使用但是代码报错了不会改,有没有人可以看看
  • ¥15 关于#Java#的问题,如何解决?
  • ¥15 加热介质是液体,换热器壳侧导热系数和总的导热系数怎么算
  • ¥100 嵌入式系统基于PIC16F882和热敏电阻的数字温度计
  • ¥15 cmd cl 0x000007b