douyue2313 2015-12-22 17:08
浏览 39

使用Javascript在Safari中检查互联网连接时的奇怪响应

I'm trying to make a certain div appear on my webpage whenever the user's internet connectivity has been lost.

To do this I'm using some Javascript to call a php file, this file echoes back "1". If the echo is received then the connection is active and the Javascript prints "connected" in the console.

If the echo is not received then the Javascript prints "disconnected" in the console, and the div appears (This div contains a message to let the user know they've lost connectivity). The div takes up the entire page, so it effectively freezes the page, preventing the user from interacting with it, that's exactly what I want to happen. This is the Javascript code I'm using:

var checkConnection = function checkConnection() {
    $.ajax({
        url: 'php_scripts/checkconnection.php',
        type: "POST",
        cache: false,
        success: function() {

document.getElementById('openOfflineDIV').style.display = 'none';
            console.log("connected"); },

error: function() {

document.getElementById('openOfflineDIV').style.display = 'block';
            console.log("disconnected"); }

}).complete(function() {
        setTimeout(checkConnection, 2000);
    });
}

And this is the php file "checkconnection.php":

<?php echo '1'; ?>

As you can see, I have this function set to run every 2 seconds.

The problem I have is this: The function works perfectly on Chrome, Firefox, IE and Opera, but it shows the disconnected div repeatedly when I test it on Safari. I've tested it on several devices (laptops, android phones etc) and it works fine, but when I test it on my Ipad and Mac using Safari, the disconnected div appears roughly every 10 seconds, it stays disconnected for about 5 seconds, then the div disappears/connection is re-established, but then around 10 seconds later the div reappears, this goes on and on. I don't know what's causing it but it seems to be a problem specific to the Safari browser.

Does anybody know what could be causing this? I've tried extending the time that the function repeats from 2 seconds to 5 seconds and this seems to have reduced the frequency of the disconnected divs appearing, but it's still appearing very often.

Is there a better way to check for a live internet connection? I don't want to extend the time any further as ideally the connection check would run every second.

I'd really appreciate advice on how to fix this. Thank you in advance for any help with this.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dpf56454 2015-12-22 17:34
    关注

checkConnection is probably getting fired several times, and some of your requests might be failing.

There are a couple of libraries that check whether a user is online and show/hide appropriate messages. This is one of them:

https://github.com/hubspot/offline

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 c语言怎么用printf(“\b \b”)与getch()实现黑框里写入与删除?
  • ¥20 怎么用dlib库的算法识别小麦病虫害
  • ¥15 华为ensp模拟器中S5700交换机在配置过程中老是反复重启
  • ¥15 java写代码遇到问题,求帮助
  • ¥15 uniapp uview http 如何实现统一的请求异常信息提示?
  • ¥15 有了解d3和topogram.js库的吗?有偿请教
  • ¥100 任意维数的K均值聚类
  • ¥15 stamps做sbas-insar,时序沉降图怎么画
  • ¥15 买了个传感器,根据商家发的代码和步骤使用但是代码报错了不会改,有没有人可以看看
  • ¥15 关于#Java#的问题,如何解决?