douju7765 2016-08-01 18:05
浏览 51

距离矩阵表,当找不到时,做一些事情

My application is matching people based on distance. The distance is calculated with the Google Maps API Distance Matrix. It's grouping the locations of the people and then making 1 query with the API.

Example:

FROM: New York Los Angeles Chicago New York New York Los Angeles

TO: Los Angeles San Diego Dallas Dallas Dallas Austin

The array will be: FROM: New York Los Angeles Chicago

TO: Los Angeles San Diego Dallas Austin

Using the Google API for the same cities every refresh can be optimised. So I was thinking about creating a table that holds the cities.

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `distancematrix` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`from` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`to` varchar(100) NOT NULL,
`distancetime` int(11) NOT NULL,
`distancekm` int(11) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
KEY `from` (`from`),
KEY `to` (`to`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=5 ;

Now I want to create a library (I'm using CodeIgniter) that first checks the table, if there are no results it should use the Google API and store the result for the next time.

How would you code a function like this? It must be efficient, therefor I'm seeking advice. I don't want to have unnecessary loops obviously.

The function should be called by just throwing a from and a to array in it.

The function for the table:

public function get_distance($from, $to) {

$result_array = array();

if (is_array($from)) {
            foreach($from as $index => $origin) {
                $query = $this->db->select("`from` as `origin`, `to` as `destination`, distancetime, distancekm, 'true' as result", false)
                                    ->from('distancematrix')
                                    ->where('from', $origin)
                                    ->where_in('to', $to);

$query_result = $query->get()->result_array();

$opposite = $this->db->select("`from` as `destination`, `to` as `origin`, distancetime, distancekm, 'true' as result", false)
                                            ->from('distancematrix')
                                            ->where_in('from', $to)
                                            ->where('to', $origin);
                $opposite_result = $opposite->get()->result_array();

$merge_result = array_merge($query_result, $opposite_result);

$result_array[$origin] = $merge_result;
            }
        }
        return $result_array;
    }

The options I see: 1. Do a query for every combination, if it is not found, put it in a not found array. This not found array is later used with API.

1. Not sure yet...

What options do you see?

Thanks in advance!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douzoudang1511 2016-08-01 18:32
    关注

I had a "similar" problem in one of my apps where we needed top 200 tweets for ~500 celebs (fixed list). Their top 200 tweets kept on updating so we constantly needed to call the twitter stream apis. We solved this in a similar way: By creating DB Tables to store the information and ran CRON jobs everyday that would refresh the data in the tables.

You situation is a bit more challenging. $to and $from can have a LOT of possibilities. You don't have a fixed list (like the celebs from the example). One problem I see is scaling. You are planning to keep a data cache in your DB for something that is too vast. It can be optimized: You can merge nearby cities together and count them as one. But would that be enough> And in the long run this solution might not work out.

Option 1 you mentioned is ok:

a) Check locally
    (Optimize this as much as you can, eg:
    a.1) Making the opposite query is good: Since you don't want to store twice.
    a.2) If you are checking distance between X and Z, and you have distances between X and Y and also Y and Z you can probably use that information to get the approx distance. etc)

b) If not found, mark it as not found

c) Query the API

d) Get results and store locally.

You should be fine with this solution and you can always improve on it by making optimizations to a). But if you are planning to scale with your app then you may encounter problems later.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 init i2c:2 freq:100000[MAIXPY]: find ov2640[MAIXPY]: find ov sensor是main文件哪里有问题吗
  • ¥15 运动想象脑电信号数据集.vhdr
  • ¥15 三因素重复测量数据R语句编写,不存在交互作用
  • ¥15 微信会员卡等级和折扣规则
  • ¥15 微信公众平台自制会员卡可以通过收款码收款码收款进行自动积分吗
  • ¥15 随身WiFi网络灯亮但是没有网络,如何解决?
  • ¥15 gdf格式的脑电数据如何处理matlab
  • ¥20 重新写的代码替换了之后运行hbuliderx就这样了
  • ¥100 监控抖音用户作品更新可以微信公众号提醒
  • ¥15 UE5 如何可以不渲染HDRIBackdrop背景