duanchoupo1104 2012-07-27 21:08
浏览 87

D是否适合编写跟踪JIT编译器?

I'd like to write an interpreter and tracing JIT for a programming language I'm designing. I already have many years of experience programming in C++, but I've been wondering if perhaps newer alternatives might be better. One of the things I found most frustrating, back in my C++ days, was having to use header files to deal with the clunky one-pass compiler model. The problem is that not all languages are equally suited for this purpose. For my tracing JIT, I need to be able to write executable code into memory and have the interpreter call to that code. I will also need the generated code to be able to call back into host functions.

I started looking at Go and saw that the language had pointers but no pointer arithmetic. This immediately struck me as a huge issue. I may well want to write my own allocator and garbage collector. I will need to closely control the way my language objects are laid out in memory and be able to get the address of specific fields and write to them. Unless there's ways to deal with this, it kind of seems like Go fails to be low-level enough for my purposes.

The D language seems promising. It has pointer arithmetic and a clear outline of the ABI needed to call in and out of D. I've heard lots of good things about it. It also has garbage collection which is nice for compiler writing, but I still have a few things I'm not sure about:

1. Does D have standard libs that will allow me to mark chunks of memory as executable?

2. If I allocate a big chunk of memory that I want to manage myself, with my own GC, and have a bunch of pointers going into there, will this pose problems with D's garbage collector?

3. How well does D interoperate with C code, in your experience? Is loading C dynamic libraries and calling into them fairly easy?

Finally, there's the whole support aspect. For those who have used D on linux here, how good is the toolchain? Any issues? Has anyone written a JIT compiler in D, and if so, how was the experience?

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• dsjbest2014 2012-07-27 21:16
    关注
    1. I believe so, see core.memory.GC if I remember right.

2. No, it shouldn't. Just call malloc or whatever you need, and make sure the GC doesn't see it.

3. Yes, it's pretty easy to interoperate with C code.

Caveat: You probably don't want to rely on the GC either, since it's not 'precise' (i.e. can and does leak memory if you're unlucky). But for small blocks of data it's usually fine.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥100 set_link_state
  • ¥15 虚幻5 UE美术毛发渲染
  • ¥15 CVRP 图论 物流运输优化
  • ¥15 Tableau online 嵌入ppt失败
  • ¥100 支付宝网页转账系统不识别账号
  • ¥15 基于单片机的靶位控制系统
  • ¥15 真我手机蓝牙传输进度消息被关闭了,怎么打开?(关键词-消息通知)
  • ¥15 装 pytorch 的时候出了好多问题,遇到这种情况怎么处理?
  • ¥20 IOS游览器某宝手机网页版自动立即购买JavaScript脚本